Monday, May 10, 2004
- French – but as pointed out several times previously, not that snooty French from France but the far superior, rock’n’roll Québécois variety
- Spanish, although it has mostly faded away due to disuse
- A little Catalan – really!
- A little Swedish
- A little Danish – but it mostly comes out like Swedish (any comments? You know who you are. You know you wanna…)
- A little Dutch
- A little Hebrew – more than some prayers. I can speak enough for Israelis to understand what I’m saying and mock my accent, poor grammar, and practically non-existent vocabulary
When I was a kid I lived in Poland, but I cannot remember anything of the language. Going back didn’t bring anything back to me either. Too bad.
I can say “hello”, “good-bye”, “please”, “thank you”, and “Do you speak English/French/Spanish?” in several languages too, but if don’t speak them, they’re probably not real languages.
If you count wanting-to-learn-Arabic-because-it-is-so-amazingly-cool-sounding as a language, then I speak that too.
What do you speak?
| | Link